Date(s) - January 12 2022
1:00pm - 2:00pm
This event will take place online.
DfT will be hosting a session on immigration and mobility, the points based system and other routes of entry for people. This session will be led by colleagues in both the Home Office and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
The first part of the session will focus on inward mobility and will be led by the Home Office. The following topics will be covered:
- Changes to points based immigration
- Visas and working rights for students and graduates
- Changes to the settlement scheme
- Q&A session
The second part of the session will be led by BEIS and will focus on the rules for UK nationals travelling and working overseas (outward mobility) as described in the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA). The following topics will be covered:
- Mode IV categories: overview of categories of service supplier/business visitor
- TCA and Mode IV: summary of what the Mode IV chapter provisions do
- What businesses need to do: how businesses need to adapt
- Looking to the future: what’s next and how BEIS will be working with industry
If you wish to attend this event please let Karen or Elaine know so that a link can be forwarded.