Date(s) - June 22 2022 - June 24 2022
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
|Regarded by many as the best railway show in Asia, this annual show combines;
and provides ‘A one-stop solution for all your product and information needs’
THE HOST COUNTRY
Following on from ten successful Malaysian shows in 2002, 2008, 2011 and 7 consecutive years from 2013 to 2019, RSA returns to the Malaysian capital in 2022. After a challenging and uncertain period due to Covid 19, major infrastructure projects will be key to reinvigorating the economies of South East Asia, including Malaysia, which remains an important railway market and makes Kuala Lumpur the ideal venue for this important railway event.
Existing and proposed projects include;
- A system of three new MRT lines, with more than 150km of track is currently being built in Kuala Lumpur
- MRT 1 from Sungai Buloh to Kajang started full service in July 2017
- MRT 2 Phase I was scheduled to be operational in July 2021, with Phase II to follow on 2 years later
- MRT 3 is expected to proceed at a later date
- LRT3 from Bandar Utama to Klang is due to be completed in 2024
- Construction on the 640 km (ECRL) East Coast mainline has continued.
- The final section of double tracking & electrification on the West Coast mainline should be completed by October 2022
A TRULY REGIONAL EVENT
In addition to the delegations from up to 10 Asian railway operators, who will attend the 17th Annual Congress of the Asian Railway Operators Association (see conference and AROA pages for full details), Malaysia is also strategically placed to attract trade visitors and conference delegates from across the region.
The event will be held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. The venue is situated in the heart of the KL’s central business district and offers first-class conference facilities and exhibition halls all under one roof.
Find out more here.