Black Country Innovative Manufacturing Organisation - Member
BCIMO is a not for profit Research and Technology Organisation, established to oversee the build, launch and operation of the Very Light Rail National Innovation Centre (VLRNIC), a unique, purpose-built, rail research and development facility based in Dudley in the West Midlands.
The VLRNIC comprises a three-storey innovation centre and brand new 2.2km test track which is located along part of the mothballed South Staffordshire line leased from Network Rail. The facility will support BCIMO in the delivery of its vision for sustainable public transport, with a specific focus on supporting the development of Very Light Rail and other innovative and low-cost technologies for the whole of the rail sector.
BCIMO recently launched its Rail Development and Test Site, which offers an extensive range of facilities to support the development and testing of future rail technologies – click Rail-Development-Test-Site-Brochure.pdf (bcimo.co.uk) to download a detailed brochure.
The innovation centre also offers a broad range of room facilities, including:
- A large Engineering Hall and a selection of test laboratories
- Serviced office spaces
- An Events Suite, comprising meeting rooms, Auditorium and Exhibition Hall
BCIMO will be continuing to grow and develop its service offerings over time – to:
- Make an enquiry – please visit Contact | BCIMO
- Read our latest news – please visit News | BCIMO
- Watch our videos – please visit (14) BCIMO – YouTube
- Follow us on social media – please visit (3) Black Country Innovative Manufacturing Organisation: Overview | LinkedIn
Profile last updated: 2022-11-15 02:17