Loram UK, Ford & Stanley Group and Aura Brand Solutions came together in partnership to host rail industry colleagues at Horsley Lodge in Derbyshire on June 10th. The golf day raised awareness and funds for Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM), a charity which unites against suicide.
The day saw 30 golfers descend on the grand course. Guests were welcomed with breakfast baps and coffee before they teed-off, along with an opportunity to donate in support of CALM for some unique tokens including a Mulligan to use anytime and a second shot for closest to the pin.
Upon completion of the course, guests enjoyed a buffet and further refreshments before prizes were awarded and a raffle was held to further support CALM.
The event was a tremendous success and a fantastic £600 was raised as a result of the fundraising initiatives and opportunities across the day.
Winners announced include Nige Ward from Chrysalis Rail for Longest Drive, Martin Elliott from Aegis for Nearest the Pin and Daniel Taylor and Sam Ford from Ford & Stanley for 1st and 2nd individual respectively.
Prizes were also awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams. 1st team winners were Rob Purdy from SNC Lavalin, Miles Hatton from Unipart Rail, Brian Ferguson from Gemini Rail and Daniel Taylor from Ford & Stanley. 2nd team winners were Anthony McBride from Loram, Dan Saxton from TÜV Rheinland, Paul McQuade from SLC Rail and Sam Ford from Ford & Stanley. Finally, 3rd team winners were Nick Sinclair, Phil Reynolds & Matthew Newton from Loram and Catherine Appleby from Rail Forum UK.
Nick Sinclair, Production Manager at Loram UK, said: “The whole event was a solid, resounding success, bringing smiles and enjoyment to all involved. What a great testament to collaboration and coming together post covid, a real breath of fresh air!
“On a personal note, my sincere thanks and appreciation for allowing me to choose the preferred charity. Those of you that know me personally will be aware I lost my little sister to suicide a few years back, she could not of had a more loving and supportive family around her but still made the most horrendous choice. It is a real problem in the UK that does not get the attention it so desperately deserves, if the money we raised helps save just one life then it is so very worth it, thank you!”
Daniel Taylor, Director at Ford & Stanley Group, said: “It was a pleasure working in partnership with Loram and Aura to bring together industry colleagues to network and enjoy some friendly competition, while also supporting a very worthy and important charity. Thank you to all who attended for embracing the day and making it such a success.”
Stuart Day, Sales & Marketing Director at Aura Brand Solutions, said: “We had a fantastic day at a beautiful golf course with our colleagues and customers in the rail industry. Working with Loram and Ford & Stanley is always enjoyable and we look forward to doing it again next year.”
Simon Gunning, CEO at CALM, said: “We were absolutely thrilled to be selected as the beneficiary charity for Loram, Ford & Stanley and Aura Brand Solutions’ Charity Golf Day at Horsley Lodge. Individuals working within the railway sector are at an increased risk of having first-hand experience with suicide, therefore raising awareness of the issue and of the support that is available for anyone struggling is vital. Additionally, we are extremely appreciative of the funds raised via this fantastic event.”
Following the success of the event, Loram, Ford & Stanley and Aura are delighted to announce that the charity golf day will feature as an annual occasion. All three partners look forward to welcoming industry colleagues, customers and friends again in Spring of 2023.
– Ends –
Notes to Editors
Jemma Smalls, Group Communications and Customer Engagement
Jemma.Smalls@fordandstanley.com or 07823 400661
Lewis Ludden, Head of Marketing
Lludden@aurabrands.com or 07884 563257
About Ford & Stanley
- Ford & Stanley Group is a trusted talent services provider; its recruitment and performance services help clients gain a competitive advantage in the critically skills-short UK talent market.
- The Group consists of Ford & Stanley Recruitment for white collar permanent, contract and interim requirements; Executive for professional and exclusively retained permanent executive search and interim solutions; Talentwise for skilled trade and technical labour (often referred to as blue collar); Enviro-Tech for sustainable recruitment and GENIUS Performance for coaching, leadership development and mental fitness services.
- Ford & Stanley is trusted by rail, digital, manufacturing, public and logistics sectors to recruit, coach, support and develop teams of talented individuals. The company works collaboratively with a number of prominent clients and keeps their operations on track with permanent, contract and interim placements.
- The Ford & Stanley Academy develops the company’s ‘home grown’ talent by training staff in the company’s unique processes, whilst team members also have access to the full range of GENIUS Well-being and Performance Support services.
About Loram UK
Based in Derby, Loram provides the following services to customers in the UK and across the EMEA region:
- Engineering Project Delivery
- Modification, overhaul and life extension of any rail-based asset
- Extensive Derby based engineering facilities
- Asset Maintenance and Management
- Workshop or field-based maintenance and optimisation services
- Supporting maximum asset utilization
- On Track Machines: Build, Design, Operation and Maintenance
- Offering turnkey Rail-Grinding systems & services across Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Field support and consumables management
- Rail Operations
- Operation of its own rolling stock across the network
- Able to offer customers ‘hook and haul’ services to and from home depots and worksites
Operating across the entire UK rail network, we are industry leaders in rail grinding services and bespoke re- engineering projects, for heavy haul, high- speed, underground and metro-rail systems. Loram UK is a wholly owned subsidiary of Loram Maintenance of the Way Inc.
For further information contact:
Andy Watson – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07554 939 396
Rupert Brennan Brown – email@example.com – 07973 950 923
About Aura Brand Solutions
Aura Brand Solutions is one of Europe’s leading commercial graphics and visual communications companies. We have been delivering branding and image management services since 1927 for leading global and national brands, right through to growing SMEs, across a wide range of industries and sectors.
We provide branding solutions across three key areas:
- Livery solutions for commercial and public service fleets.
- Flexible turnkey solutions to enhance, protect & maintain rail rolling stock.
- Comprehensive architectural branding for building interiors and exteriors.
In addition, our brand-focused marketing agency provides full-service marketing from strategy to implementation. Through a collaborative approach we tailor highly effective strategies that get you results, covering everything from content to design to PPC.
We pride ourselves on our close working relationships and providing market-leading solutions that faithfully and consistently project your image, protect your assets, and build your brand.