Taziker, a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm, is delighted to announce that Neil Harrison has been appointed as CEO, supported by Jason Worrall as the Group Managing Director. Both Neil and Jason are long standing members of Taziker’s leadership team and each brings over 20 years of experience in the construction industry.
These appointments follow a recent investment round led by the company’s original founders, Tom Taziker, Nigel Taziker and Graham Moor, who now own a majority stake in the business and have rejoined the Board of Directors. The investment round was supported by new capital from Freshstream, and resulted in a considerable strengthening of the company’s balance sheet, which is now free from financial debt.
Taziker has now revamped its corporate structure to focus on its core service offerings, which include structural steel refurbishment and renewal, in addition to complementary services.
Neil Harrison, CEO of Taziker said: “I am delighted to be a part of Taziker at this important stage in our company’s journey. With our improved financial position, robust order book and promising pipeline in our primary sectors of rail and highways, the road ahead has never been more exciting.”
Jason Worrall, Group Managing Director, Taziker said: “This represents a truly excellent step forward for the business, which is now in prime position to take advantage of its strong pipeline with a significantly strengthened balance sheet.”
Notes to Editors:
Taziker is a multi-disciplinary engineering contractor specialising in undertaking key maintenance, refurbishment and replacement works to critical UK infrastructure. Employing more than 450 people, the company operates from nine regional locations supported by a head office in Lancashire.
- Taziker is a Network Rail Principal Contractor, working on essential maintenance projects on the rail infrastructure throughout the UK.
- Earlier this year Taziker announced the opening of its brand new, over 100,000-square-foot, production facility located in Blackburn, Lancashire.
- The company is currently working on the £24m refurbishment project at Bristol Temple Meads station.
- Taziker is working on the restoration of Granton Gas Holder in Edinburgh which includes the provision of access, condition led steelwork repairs, surface preparation and protective coatings.
- In 2022, Taziker’s Industrial Services division was awarded a place on a long-term, multi-million-pound framework for the provision of scaffolding with National Grid, covering multiple locations around the UK.
- The Taziker FRP Legacy Footbridge has been shortlisted for a number of prestigious awards and most notably received the ‘Highly Commended’ status at the CN Awards 2022 in the Best Innovation category. Our FRP footbridge development was shortlisted for ‘Innovation of the Year (Contractor)’ for the CN Specialists Awards in both 2021 and 2022, as well as in the Composites UK Industry Awards 2022 in the category of Innovation in Composite Manufacture.
- In November 2022, the company was named as one of the UK’s top 10 steel contractors.