Date(s) - September 28 2023
1:00pm - 5:00pm
Birmingham City University, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham B5 5JU
Join for an exclusive ESA Space Solutions event at Birmingham City University on the 28th September between 13:00 – 17:00
Discover the possibilities of space technology and gain invaluable insights into harnessing its power for your company’s growth.
Birmingham City University is co-hosting an ESA Space Solutions event for businesses to assist them in developing innovative business ideas. ESA is the go-to place for great ideas involving space in all areas of society & economy and the event will be an excellent opportunity for businesses to learn about this and associated funding opportunities. You’ll delve into the world of space-related innovations that can supercharge your business.
Find out how data from satellites has already helped more than 1200 companies scale up and how they have benefitted from a share of over €250m of ESA funding to date. Despite working in space, we have our feet firmly on the ground when it comes to business applications. We’re looking for teams that have identified a market opportunity that’s attractive and has real potential for engaging customers. Motivation, business experience and industry domain expertise are key.
Register Early – Places are limited
· Inspiration: Explore the opportunities space technology offers to elevate your business to new heights.
· Expert Guidance: Connect with industry experts and ESA representatives who can guide you towards the most promising ventures.
· Funding Insights: Unearth the treasure trove of funding opportunities available for space-inspired projects.
· Networking: Forge valuable connections with like-minded businesses and potential collaborators.
· Knowledge Exchange: Exchange ideas and strategies with peers, sparking innovation and growth.
Don’t miss this stellar opportunity to propel your business into the future.
13.00 Arrive & Informal lunch
14.00 Welcome Address
14.10 Introduction to ESA and space-tech for new entrants. Paul Bhatia, ESA Business Applications Ambassador for the UK
14.25 Funding from ESA for your “non-space” start/scale up. Paul Bhatia, ESA Business Applications Ambassador for the UK
14.40 Business support from BCU. Prof. Huseyin Seker, Birmingham City University
14:55 Harnessing the transformative power of digital innovation for business advantage. Prof. Khawar Hameed, CEO Digital Advantage
15.05 Midlands Space Cluster
15.15 Coffee Break
15.30 Building your business case. Practical session developing an initial ESA APQ. Paul Bhatia, ESA & Khawar Hameed, Digital Advantage