Date(s) - October 20 2022
10:00am - 11:15am
This event will take place online.
Members only event.
If, like most other businesses, you’ve experienced severe disruption recently, then our practical workshops will help you to navigate your way through to becoming more resilient as well as more sustainable.
Sustainable supply chains are vital for business success, but the term sustainability now has different meanings. On the one hand, it means having supply chains able to withstand the shocks and disruptions from external influences, and on the other hand it means conducting our businesses in responsible and ethical ways.
We are partnering with Rail Forum member Alliance Procurement Solutions and Wylde Connections to help you understand the different aspects of sustainability and what this means for businesses operating in the rail sector.
Over the course of two value-packed workshops, you will receive practical advice, tips and resources that you can apply to your business straight away. This first workshop on 20th October will be delivered online. The second workshop will be delivered in person at the Modern Railways Expo in November. Whilst the two workshops are complimentary, they will also stand alone and bookings for the November event are on our events page.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding the bigger picture and how global megatrends are affecting your business, and what you can do about it
- Exploring the business case for sustainability and how mitigating risks can reduce costs and seizing opportunities can lead to growth
- How to navigate your way through increasing demands from customers to demonstrate your ESG credentials
- How to manage the impacts of increasing legislation
- How to reduce the risks of market forces and supply chain disruptions
- How good governance can give your business greater supply chain resilience.
The workshop facilitators are Dr Denise Taylor, a sustainability consultant and MD of Wylde Connections who has worked in manufacturing, including the rail sector, for over three decades, and Mark Wood a supply chain management specialist and MD of Alliance Procurement Solutions who helps companies to build resilience into their supply chains, saving millions of pounds and increasing growth opportunities.
The rail sector is undergoing a major transition from feeling the effects of global trends through to digital transformation and upgrading our rail infrastructure for the modern world.
The session will be hosted on Zoom and will last no longer than 75 minutes.
Bookings will close on Tuesday 18th October and joining information will be sent out on 19th.