Loram HVO shunter backs #DerbyGBR bid!

Loram, the On Track Machine and Engineering business, has unveiled a new livery for its HVO powered depot shunter – supporting Derby’s bid to be the new HQ of Great British Railways.

The new livery encourages passengers on the Midland Main Line to vote for Derby as part of the competition to find the new HQ for Great British Railways (GBR). The #DerbyGBR branding also promotes the voting link: DerbyGBR.co.uk/vote. The Public Vote for the new GBR HQ ends on the 15th August.

HVO fuel reduces carbon emissions by 90%, the shunter (08756) will undertake internal moves at Loram’s RTC site in Derby, at the Heart of the Railway. Loram has also arranged to purchase ‘carbon credits’ to the value of the other 10% of emissions.

Loram is also actively working with customers, industry partners and other On Track Machine suppliers to help reduce the environmental impact of the specialist trains that help to deliver a safe and reliable railway.

Andrew Watson, International Business Development Director at Loram said: “Loram is proud to support #DerbyGBR for #DestinationGBR. Delivering a sustainable railway will be a core part of Great British Railways’ role. We are just beginning on this journey and know we have more to do, but the direction of travel is clear and with our partners we will play our part in delivering a cleaner, greener railway for everyone across the network”.

Councillor Chris Poulter, Leader of Derby City Council, said: “Support for Derby’s bid to host the headquarters of GBR, from businesses across Europe’s leading rail cluster including Loram, has been outstanding. It is only by working alongside the private sector that GBR will truly achieve its aim to create a simpler, better railway for everyone in Britain”.

08756 is on lease to Loram from RMS Locotech, and the branding has been undertaken by Aura Brand Solutions.

Share this page: