- The Automated Clearance Solution (AIC) will maximize the efficiency and operation of the railroad.
- Cordel Group PLC and D/Gauge Ltd have secured a multi-year contract with Network owner AMTRAK.
- The contract will deliver an Automated Gauging and Clearance SaaS Solution for 6.5 years.
Cordel Group PLC (AIM: CRDL) and D/Gauge Ltd (Part of the TÜV Rheinland Group) have successfully won a multi-year contract to revolutionize clearance assessment on the Amtrak railroad network. Amtrak is the national passenger rail company of the US, and the contract offers great technical returns for Amtrak to safely monitor their network and assess fitting higher-and-wider vehicles.
The software and hardware package will provide scanning and storage of network-wide structure survey data, and the automated calculation and reporting of clearance information for the entire Amtrak network. Using the power of SaaS, the 6.5-year contract will harness Cordel’s Artificial Intelligence, scanning and data processing power and D/Gauge’s clearance technology capabilities.
Building on the successful implementation of similar systems for Network Rail in the UK, Cordel and D/Gauge have formed a powerful alliance to offer railroad owners a valuable turnkey solution. The unique product offering enables railroad operators to rapidly obtain comprehensive clearance information for all routes in their networks. The implementation of this product will provide:
- Improved visibility and usability of survey data, collected and stored in an intelligent database.
- Up-to-date assessments using the latest survey, vehicle and clearance data and technologies.
- Greater opportunities to increase the size of rolling stock safely, including non-standard load types and larger passenger trains.
Nick Smith, CEO of Cordel remarked: “This contract alongside Amtrak shows the truly global capabilities of our joint clearance product. With Cordel’s scanning and AI functionality and D/Gauge’s clearance expertise, we can create a new ecosystem for Amtrak to revolutionize their operations.”
Colin Johnson, Managing Director of D/Gauge commented: “By building the survey and vehicle repository for Amtrak we are essentially able to remove some of the conservatism associated with clearances and gauging. Our solution will allow the safe assessment of unusual, non-standard revenue-generating freight. We are very excited to be applying the tried and tested freight challenges from our joint successes in the UK to the Global Railroad market.
The combined product offering from Cordel and D/Gauge has been defined as the ‘Rail Clearance Management’ solution, and more information can be found by visiting www.railclearancemanagement.com