Date(s) - December 5 2023
9:00am - 11:00am
This event will take place online.
Following the recent Export session at our Conference, and the Letter of Intent that has been signed between Rail Forum and the Southern African Railway Association (SARA), we are delighted to provide this briefing session.
We will outline the collaborative approach and rationale of the Letter of Intent as well as our joint ambitions to support the enhancement of railway operations in SARA’s members and the desire for UK rail (and Rail Forum members) to grow internationally. The session will also provide overviews of the range of domestic and international support for exporting companies.
Delegates will have opportunities to raise questions about support and market opportunities as well as utilise break out rooms for smaller discussions after the Q&A Panel session.
Delegates will hear from:
- Ian Harrison – Head of Export Development, Midlands Region, Department for Business & Trade
- Radwa Sultan – Trade & Development Manager, Department for Business & Trade (Egypt)
- Shaan Padayachy – Senior Trade Advisor, Department for Business & Trade (Johannesburg)
- Mr. Babe Botana, Executive Director of Southern African Railways Association
- Duncan Bonnett, Director – Africa House
- Bill Smith, International Trade Advisor, Department for Business & Trade
- Paul Tandy – Export Finance Manager, UK Export Finance
The event is open to Rail Forum members only.
A copy of our LOI can be found in our Export Pages on the Members Area, together with a report commissioned by Department for International Trade, by Africa House, exploring a range of opportunities across the SARA membership.
For an informal discussion around export, please do contact Cat@railforum.uk
Bookings will close 12noon, 30 November, with joining instructions issued later that day.Sorry, bookings have now closed for this event.